Welcome

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

Monday 13 September 2010

Art School

I'm now at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art in Dundee!

I'm in the 1st year General Course along with another 159 other sudents. There are 27 in the group I am in.

Today we started on the 1st project "The Object of Drawing and Painting". The tutor set up a large installation with bicycle tyres, bicycle weels, bamboo canes, pieces of fabric, flags, bits of bikes- it's huge.

We were instructed today and had to work in charcoal, graphite or conte. A lot of sharing and constuctive comments going on. One of the exercises was - we had to think of drawing without drawing the outline and drawing the space to create the object. This was new for me but I enjoyed having a go.

This project lasts for 4 days and along with all the development drawings we have to produce an A1 drawing and painting. I'll post any interesting drawings!

3 comments:

  1. Very best wishes and good luck with your studies. Hope you also have time to enjoy the processes. Your sketchbook is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sketchbook project

    My link: http://arthousecoop.com/users/carolyn-saxby

    Click the friend request under my heart icon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Starting to enjoy it all now I've settled in a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a few words....