Welcome

Hello and Welcome to my Blog!

Thursday 11 March 2010

Dying to Make a Throw


Two of the many photos I took on a field trip to Lieth at the start of this project. I was to look at marks in decay and architectural markings. I developed drawings from these photos ( and many others too) and finally came up with a design. My sketch book for this project is very thick!



A selection of fabrics that I dyed using low imersion technique.




This is a sample for the design of the throw. I used a wool blanket as the first layer. Then I added strips of the dyed material, a layer of dyed gauze then embellished the three layers. The sample is made up of three sections stitched together with a selection of stitch added.



This is the finished piece.



This close up shows more detail of the stitch and the different sections.

1 comment:

  1. wow sheila i am so impressed. you have such creativity and you keep coming up with new and wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a few words....